Friday, April 2, 2010

Three Months












At New Year's I wondered how long I could cook dinner with no repeats. I now have the answer to my question: three months. Actually, I could have gone a little bit longer. I never made a plain old pot of spaghetti (I was saving that dinner for a night when I had no time or no other options), my shrimp stew or breakfast for dinner. But as March turned lamb-like, I began to miss some of the dishes I made back in January. I still have a standing rib roast in the freezer that needs cooking. And I haven't had lamb chops (my favorite meal) in months. I'm ready to repeat some meals.

Although I'll now go back to cooking lamb chops, rubber mallet chicken and pot roast, I'll now have a larger repertoire to work from. I'm so glad I tried out the chicken crepes (even though they didn't work out) and the braised rabbit (YUM!). And I'll still try new recipes (and write about them) from time to time. But as of now, April 2, I will declare the Remler Menu project finished, and my blog postings will include my perspectives on topics other than food.

I hope you'll keep reading.

No comments: