Sunday, September 12, 2010

BC Commissioning 2010

I have the UGA/Carolina game recorded on my DVR. I know Georgia lost. Still, I'll watch the game (at least some of it), and I'll blog about it. But I couldn't do that on game day. I had too much else to do. Like pick up a corsage. And get batteries for my camera. And take pictures of my handsome Brigade Commander Sergeant Major Davis Remler, who served as master of ceremonies at the 2010 BC Commissioning. Davis's date was Louisa Daly, and we all met at Louisa's parents' house for a photo session. Louisa and Davis had dinner with two other couples, and they all looked so spiffy!


Here's my favorite photo. It's Davis, Daniel and Justin at the thought of going to dinner with their three beautiful dates.



While the cadets and their dates were enjoying dinner at Bonefish Grill, Stephen and I picked up Michael and Shelly Tucker, and we had a relaxing meal at Spanky's before going to BC to watch the ceremony. Travis Tucker, a senior, received his commission last night. Michael and Shelly are so proud of their captain!

First, Davis announced all the cadets and their dates as they walked in.


Then, he helped hand out the commissions.


Here's a nice video of Travis getting his commission:



Afterward (and this was a surprise to me) all the officers and their dates raced to put the ranks on the officers' shoulders. No one wants to be the last man standing. Shelly says if you're the last man standing, you get to buy the other officers a Coke. I have a feeling you also get a hard time from the rest of the senior class.


While the parents attended a lovely reception in Alumni Hall, the boys and their dates attended the dance in the cafeteria. Everyone had a nice time, and we're looking forward to next year when Davis gets his commission!

No comments: