Monday, July 18, 2011

Beef: It's What's for Dinner

Several of my friends have gone vegan, and those who haven't avoid red meat. I've tried vegetarianism myself, but after a while, I long for the taste of a big, juicy steak. Fortunately, I'm married to a Big Green Eggspert, so I frequently meet my red meat quota. But tonight, we served a thick, juicy steak the likes of which we've never cooked.

Here it is raw. I put a large Vidalia onion next to it for perspective.

The Hugh Lawson Special Sirloin is only available at M&T Meats in Hawkinsville, GA. This savory slab is four pounds of succulent sirloin, seasoned properly and grilled to perfection (it takes a while. If you get one, be patient). We bought it during our Two Days at the Camphouse last week, and we've been dying to try it, but we knew the four of us wouldn't put a dent in it. So we called Jo Jo, Pop Pop, and Carol Ann to join us for dinner. Even with seven of us, we had plenty of meat left over, so someone will enjoy steak sandwiches or steak salad for lunch tomorrow.

Here it is cooked. Makes you want to run out and get one, doesn't it?

If you haven't been to M&T Meats, go at your earliest convenience. You'll find them on the Lower River Road in Hawkinsville, GA. If you need directions, just go to Hawkinsville and ask someone. Everybody there knows where it is.



No comments: