Sunday, May 1, 2011

Enchanted April

This month has been full of sports, holidays, birthdays, visits with relatives, 1200 pages of a Russian novel, and the end of the semester. My family's been so busy that I just uploaded my Easter photos today (A whole week is a really long time for me. I don't like those pictures to wait around). Events have been happening so fast that I've had little time to blog about them. Now it's May1, and there's so much of April I haven't covered. So here it is, a whirlwind of April in one posting:

Easter: Once again at JoJo's house on Tybee, this Easter Sunday omitted the egg hunt. With grandchildren in their mid-twenties, JoJo finally decided they were too old for that. So the egg hunt is on hiatus until great-grandchildren arrive. However, nothing could keep the Remlers from celebrating Easter with food, ping-pong, and a bocce tournament. This year's winning team: Michael and Shelly Tucker!






An added feature to the Easter celebration was the authentic Easter bonnets, which JoJo found in a box after emptying her house on Dutch Island. These fabulous works of millinery belonged to JoJo's mother (and Bruce's mother, too, I think). In fact, the gray hat in the photo above--the one on the right that looks like a Frisbee--is the one JoJo's mother wore to JoJo and Bruce's wedding fifty-six years ago!Not only was the weather perfect for Easter bonnets, but these classic fashion statements also put us in the mood for the upcoming royal wedding.

St. Vincent's Prom: The following Friday I was up at 3:30 am to watch every moment of coverage of the royal wedding. Except for Princess Beatrice's hat, the occasion was perfect. Enchanting. Splendid.
Really, what was she thinking?
She needed to browse JoJo's box.

By the time it was over, I needed a nap. But that wasn't in the cards for me because I had to make a spaghetti casserole for the arrival of more relatives (see the next section). Then Davis had to get ready for prom. Yes, his prom was last weekend, but his girlfriend, Megan, invited him to her school's prom Friday night. Once Davis had duded up again in Stephen's tux (this time with a cummerbund rather than a vest), we followed him to Megan's house and then to the yacht club for another photo session. Don't they look handsome/lovely? What a good looking couple they are!


The Relatives Came: Once Davis and Megan were off to the prom, Stephen and I came back to the house for the arrival of the Harley Lawson family as well as Skippy! We had a fun-filled weekend of the beach, low-country boil, yoga (Harley's favorite part), and miniature golf!

First of all, I think Skippy went to the golf course for a few practice sessions before she came to Savannah. She could swing that club like a pro. What's more, I have decided that Asher has professional golf in his future. The video below serves as evidence supporting my conclusion. Look at that grip. That stance. That swing! When he's slipping on that green jacket a couple of decades from now, I'll have this video on hand to sell to the highest bidding sports magazine!



Harley got a little sunburned. I got a little fat. Asher got a hole in one! And Lawson got the blue ball in the center pocket. All indications of a fantastic weekend. We were sorry to see everyone go, and we hope they will all come back real soon.



1 comment:

Belle said...

You are VERY cunning in your chapeau!

And I was enthralled with the prom couple. That dress would have suited Beatrice much better.

Glad to get caught up with the Harley Lawsons. And a question: do you know the children's book THE RELATIVES CAME?