Sunday, July 15, 2012

Transparency

Tonight Stephen got a hankering to clean windows. I don't know where that came from, but I'm not complaining. I was busy wiping down the post-dinner counter tops, when Stephen came through the room with a bottle of Windex and a roll of Bounty. Squirt, squirt. Wipe, wipe. He got the first window sparkling clean.
Or so he thought.

Enter Davis Remler, who has spent his whole summer cleaning and detailing boats. "That's no way to clean windows," he said with an air of superiority that everyone loves to hear in an eighteen year-old. "I'll go get my bucket."

No objections there.

So off he went, and after some rumbling and cluttering around in the garage, he emerged with a hose, a bucket, and a bottle of something that smelled like the middle school bathroom right after the janitor got finished mopping it. He also had a brush on a long pole. After filling the bucket and adding his cleaning solution, Davis set about showing Stephen how that window cleaning is done.

Clorox didn't know what to think, and he kept his distance, especially when Davis used that spray nozzle on the hose.
 
I guess he's well trained for swabbing decks at the SUNY Maritime College. I wonder what would happen if I said I was going to clean my bathroom with Windex and paper towels...



No comments: