Monday, November 21, 2011

A Sad Day for College Football


When Larry Munson was announcing Georgia football games, I didn't give much attention to the sport. I knew his voice because I'd hear it when Stephen listened to ball games, but because I wasn't a sports fan, I didn't think much about Munson either. Ironically, now that he's gone, I feel a little bummed out. After all, he was a beloved, important part of Georgia football.

But Larry Munson's death isn't the only sad news in SEC football today. According to Matt Hinton on Rivals.com, Arkansas redshirt freshman Garrett Uekman was found dead in his dorm room yesterday. The cause of death has not been reported, but whatever happened, the Razorbacks are mourning the loss of one of their teammates.

It's a sad day for college football.

Sigh.

No comments: