Friday, February 17, 2012

Harley and the Summer Pasta

Recently my friend Tina Warbington gave me a fantastic pasta recipe. She calls it summer pasta, but I did not want to wait until summer to cook it. It just sounded too good. So when Harley called and said he was coming for a visit Thursday night, I thought that would be the perfect time to try it out.

So Thursday morning, I combined the following ingredients:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
1/2 cup (or so) chopped fresh basil
2 garlic cloves cut into chunks
6 tomatoes (okay, I used seven)
1 round of brie cheese with the rind cut off, cut into small chunks

I put all of those ingredients in a bowl and left them to get to know each other while I went to work all day.


Meanwhile, Harley drove to Savannah.Upon arrival, he had a seat in the kitchen, enjoyed a glass of tea, and shared all the news of Hawkinsville. Then Lawson showed off his new Tervis Tumbler.


While they talked, I put a box of bow-tie pasta on to boil. At that point we all agreed that we should invent neck tie pasta to give foodies a little variety in their lives. Next, I sauteed a couple of pounds of shrimp. I thought Clorox was going to go crazy:


Once the shrimp was done, I drained the pasta and returned it to the pan. Then I added the shrimp, and the tomato marinade, which had become quite yummy looking. I tossed all the ingredients together, and the heat from the pasta and shrimp melted that brie cheese into a mess of gooey goodness:





Then we all sat down to a hearty meal. Harley was delighted to have dinner with us. Here is is holding a plate of pasta:


But when I told him he could eat as much as he wanted, he got really excited:


Harley is such a delight to cook for because he enjoys whatever I put in front of him. Here he is this morning enjoying the egg sandwich I made him for breakfast. Davis thought it was a real treat to have his company in the morning: 





So the summer pasta (and the egg sandwich) were a huge success. In fact, I think we'll have to change the name to anytime pasta because I don't think we can wait until June to have it again. Thanks to Tina Warbington for sharing that tasty recipe with us!




1 comment:

Belle said...

Harley was always a delight. He was a funny, friendly young man and seems to be a great father and pasta cook/lover. Give him my best. And oh, yeah, YUM!!!