Friday, September 14, 2012

Going Green: A Night for the Knights

On Friday night, the Remlers continued their football streak with a short trip to Penn Waller Road for the Frederica Football Fest, hosted by friends of Fredrica Academy, Brett Remler and Bobby Blake. Brett and Bobby don't do anything halfway. No, they decided if they were going to support them team, they'd support it whole hog, which is about what they had cooking on their grill prior to the big game against Savannah's St. Andrews School:

And how did they get that bodacious grill all the way up to Savannah, why in Brett and Bobby's bodacious beefmobile, of course (otherwise known as the Fredrica Academy Grillin' and Tailgatin' trailor (I like the term bodacious beefmobile better, though). 
They surely did serve up a tasty meal, and they fed almost all of the Remler family:  me, Stephen, Lawson, JoJo, Pop Pop, Kelley, Taylor, Laurie, Kristen, Alicia, Randy and Katheryn. And after we'd all had our fill, we ambled over to the St. Andrews stadium to watch the Fredrica Knights lance the Lions. 
Carson Remler played offense. There he is. Number one.
Trey Tolleson (3), played offense. There were some other boys, too, but it was hard to tell them all apart. Whenever I tried to get a good photo, some photographer with a tripod wold get in my way. Besides (and this is an uncanny coincidence) whatever football game I attend, whenever I try to take photos of the players, I can only get pictures of their backs!
They all look alike to me.
 
But the parents can tell them apart, and that's the important thing. Oddly enough, Fredrica Academy was the visiting team, but they had more fans in the stands than the home team. How's that for school spirit? 
We must have had some impact on the team, because the Knights reigned victorious 40-12 on St. Andrews' field. Way to go, Knights! 

More football is on the schedule tomorrow night as Georgia takes on Florida Atlantic! I can't say I'm biting my nails in anticipation. It's hard to give a hoot about the Owls.
  More football reports on Sunday!



No comments: